- Separate the yolk from the white of two eggs.
- Melt butter on low heat.
- In a bowl, add yolks, red wine vinegar, two pinches of salt and a splash of water.
- Whisk egg yolks until they begin to peak.
- Place bowl over pot of hot water and continue to whisk; adding the melted butter slowly. Keep whisking and scraping the borders of the bowl to ensure the egg does not begin to scramble. Lower heat or take away from heat if necessary.
- The sauce will begin to emulsify and thicken to a silky texture that should easily coat the back of a tablespoon.
- Take the sauce away from the heat and add chopped tarragon or herb of choice.
Add white vinegar to pot of water and once the water has hit boiling point turn the heat off and let the water simmer. Crack egg into small bowl or ramekin, use a spoon and swirl the water to create a mild “tornado ripple” in the water. Gently place egg into the spinning water. Cook egg in simmering water for 3 minutes.
- Sear muffin or in our case blueberry bagel
- Sear Ham Slices
- Place ham slices on bagel
- Place the poached egg on top of ham
- Coat with silky Hollandaise and Enjoy!